UNAK Printing service
6. How to set up on Mac computers
You can set up the printing service on your mac by doing the following.
- Start by getting the driver for the printer here: http://www.canon-europe.com/support/products/imagerunner/imagerunner-advance-c5235i.aspx?type=drivers&driverdetailid=tcm:13-1403171&os=OS
- Newest Mac OS is default (you have to select another if you have an older OS)
- Scroll down an download PPD files V4.05 for Mac OS X 10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11
- When you have downloaded the driver you need to go into the download folder and open the file, there you have to find the folder called iR-ADV C5235_5240 and run the file in that folder.
- When you have run the driver file you to click the Apple icon in the top left hand corner of your screen an go to System Preferences.
- Within System Preferences you need to select Print & Fax
- Next you will see a window with printer that have been installed on your machine. Click the "+" below the list on the left hand side to add a printer.
- Click the Advanced button*
- If the Advanced button is not available you need add it. This is done by right clicking the area just on the right to "More Printer", select "Customize Toolbar" and then drag the Advanced button next to the More Printers button.
- Type: LPD/LPR Host or Printer
- URL: lpd://firstname.lastname@example.org/mac (user is the first part of your university e-mail)
- Print Using: Go to Other and find/select the file from step 4